The Mrs just got herself an iPhone, but how to get her contacts from her Nokia?
Here’s the fun bit…
- Configured her email (etc) to work via Exchange (yes, I run an Exchange Server 2007 at home for our emails)
- Left her with her iPhone in the lounge room watching TV (So You Think You Can Dance) while I headed to the study
- Plugged her Nokia in and sync’ed via PC Suite to Outlook
At this point she came in to see what I was doing (and that I was still alive etc).
- Mrs: What’cha doin?
- Me: Your contacts
- Mrs: Oh. Do you need my iPhone?
- Me: Have you got it there?
- Mrs: Yeah. (pulls it out of her pocket and tries to hand it to me)
- Me: No, no. Just check your contacts
- Mrs: Hey, they’re all here
- Me: (grinning) Yep.
Man, don’t you just love it when technology actually works?
I really love the job Apple have done integrating ActiveSync into the iPhone. Something that others could really learn from (yeah, I’m looking at you Blackberry!)